Swipe to the left
How To Fill A Lily Blanche Memory Keeper Locket With Photographs
By lilyblanche 25 January 2018 No comments
You will need: A Lily Blanche Memory Keeper Locket Laptop; Printer; 15mm (0.6 inch) craft punch; 130gsm self adhesive photographic paper.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2HF1jBa0Gw
- First choose your images. Pick strong portrait shots which are clear and unfussy and where there is a bit of space around the head (ie the top of the head is not cut off or up against the edge of the photograph) Single headshots work best at this size.
- If they are not already uploaded to your computer, scan or upload the photos.
- Sign up or open up your favourite graphic design site or photo –editing app. We like www.canva.com because it is free and easy to use. We will assume you are using canva.com for this exercise.
- In the “create a design” page choose the custom dimensions option. Enter 65 x 65 in the blank fields and make sure it is set to pixels (px). This will open a new page with a blank square “canvas”.
- Select “uploads” from the menu on the left hand side. Click on “upload your own images”. This will take you to the menu on your computer. Select the image you wish to use from the folder in which you stored it. This will return you to canva.com. Wait until the image is fully uploaded.
- Next select “elements” on the left hand menu. Click on “frames” and keep scrolling down until you find the simple circular frame with no extra border and no thick green band in the middle. Click on this. The circle frame will upload to the square white box.
- Select “uploads” from the left hand menu and click on the locket image you recently uploaded. This should automatically pop into the circle frame. Use the crop button and the resize dots to manipulate the image until you have the desired effect. Click the tick sign in the white band at the top of the canvas when you are happy. Click the dustbin symbol to delete the image and start again.
- When you are happy with your image, click “download” in the blue band at the top of the canvas. Click the green download button to save the image to your computer. Remember to name and store the image in a folder.
- Repeat this process until you have all the images you require.
- Open a word document and copy the small circular images onto it. It is good to make a number of copies of each image in case you accidentally damage one or in case you require spares at a later date. Leave a bit of space around each image. If you are not happy with the resolutuion, use a larger size image box in canva.com (500 px x500 px) and shrink it down to 65 pixels when you copy it into the word document.
- Once you are happy with the images on the page, print a test page on ordinary paper to ensure you are happy with the results.
- Practice punching out the images with the punch - we use the Hobbycraft 0.6 inch paper punch - and placing them on the locket to ensure you are happy with the order of the images etc.
- Once you are happy with the test images, choose your final paper, select “photographic paper” on your printers setting if you are using it and "best" quality print on you printer properties and print the images out. (Remember to reset the printer to normal print for the next time you use it).
- If you are using photographic paper please make sure it is lightweight. We use ICE 130 gsm self-adhesive photographic paper which you can buy in small quantities. We have done a lot of testing on the photographic service and this gives best results. Thick or heavy paper will jam the locket and is likely to damage it.
- Punch out the images with the punch. If you are using self-adhesive photographic paper, simply peel off the backs and stick them in place. Let it rest for ten minutes before closing the locket. Your highly personalised unique Memory Keeper Locket is now ready to wear.
- If you need any help, please get in touch via the website www.lilyblanche.com