Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping events of the year. With an abundance of deals, promotions and discounts, it's one of the best times to bag a bargain. Black Friday originated in mid-20th-century Philadelphia to mark the start of the holiday shopping season. Since then, Black Friday has transformed into one of the biggest shopping events of the year starting on the Friday after Thanksgiving to the Monday (also known as Cyber Monday). Here's everything you need to know about Black Friday 2023 as well as the best jewellery deals for personalised jewellery.
When Is Black Friday 2023?
Black Friday falls the day after Thanksgiving, on the final weekend of November. In 2022, Black Friday fell on 25th November. In 2023, Black Friday will fall on Friday 24th November. Cyber Monday is on Monday 27th November in 2023.
What Is Black Friday?
Black Friday is an annual shopping event that promotes fantastic deals, discounts and promotions. Black Friday marks the start of the holiday shopping season. What was once a one day sale event, is now a four day sales event starting on Black Friday and ending on Cyber Monday. At Lily Blanche, during Black Friday we promote our best deals of the entire year across a range of bestselling products such as our birthstone jewellery and lockets. Make sure to sign up to our newsletter to gain first access to our Black Friday deals.
What Is The History Of Black Friday?
Black Friday has a fascinating history. The term dates back to 1950s Philadelphia, where the police used Black Friday to describe the chaos that occurred on the day after Thanksgiving. Shoppers and tourists would flood the city in search of the best deals. In 1961, Black Friday was renamed "Big Friday" to add a more positive connotation. It wasn't the late 1980s when the term Black Friday became a national phenomenon. Since then, the one day sales event has turned into Black November, a month full of discounts and promotions. Other retail holidays such as Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday have become just as important as Black Friday.
One of the most well known stories of Black Friday is that stores often would operate at a loss for most of the year, also known as "in the red", the stores would start to earn a profit after Thanksgiving, which meant that they "went into the black".
What Is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday is part of the Black Friday sales event and typically marks the closing of the biggest deals of the year. Black Friday traditionally focused on in-store shopping and deals whereas Cyber Monday mainly concentrates on online shopping and digital deals.
When Is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday typically falls on the Monday after the Black Friday sales. In 2023, Cyber Monday falls on Monday 27th November. Cyber Monday can be an even bigger event than Black Friday with major retailers often offering their best deals until midnight.
The Best Black Friday Tips
Navigating Black Friday is no easy feat. We've put together a list of our top tips for making the most of Black Friday:
- Make a list: write down, bookmark or save your favourite products using a wishlist. This way, when it comes to Black Friday you're already ahead of the game.
- Follow: follow your favourite brands to be the first to access the best deals. You can follow us @lilyblanchejewellery on Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok and Youtube for our best deals.
- Sign up: signing up to newsletters is another fantastic way of gaining early access to the best deals. You can sign up for the Lily Blanche newsletter below to be the first to access our Black Friday deals.
The Best Deals You Can Get Before Black Friday:
Can't wait until Black Friday? At Lily Blanche, we offer fantastic jewellery deals on our engraved lockets and photo jewellery throughout the year. The best way to hear about our latest offers is to sign up to our newsletter. When you buy a piece of Lily Blanche, you will receive:
- Free luxury gift wrap: each piece of Lily Blanche is beautifully gift wrapped in a ribbon-tied gift box and luxury gift bag. Simply select our gift wrapping option at the checkout.
- Free jewellery care kit: you will also receive a free jewellery care kit (worth £20) with your order including a jewellery storage bag, polish cloth and handy ring sizer. Simply add your free care kit at the checkout.
- Complimentary photo personalisation: when you order any locket, you will receive our free photo service. You can add your favourite photos to your locket at no extra charge.
- Free UK Delivery: on orders over £85 or more. Enjoy free standard delivery on orders over £85 or more.
Most Popular Jewellery At Black Friday
Meet our Black Friday bestseller, our Memory Keeper Locket. This six photo locket can take six of your favourite photos and a bespoke engraving. Our bestselling locket is expected to sell out at Black Friday, so don't wait to long!
Our Diamond lockets are also expected to be a Black Friday bestseller. Featuring a real diamond at their centre, our luxury diamond lockets are handmade in the UK. These 9 carat gold lockets feature conflict-free diamonds that comply with the Kimberley Process and United Nations resolutions. Add your favourite photos and a bespoke engraving inside for a truly personal gift.
If you're looking for a unique gift, our Freshwater Pearl Jewellery makes a perfect personalised gift. Our pearl collection features necklaces, bracelets and earrings set in classic designs or with a modern twist. Choose from baroque pearl pendants, classic pearl necklaces and seed pearl pendants.
Need more inspiration? Discover our best jewellery deals and sales for our latest offers.